Saturday, April 6, 2013

Blog Post #11

Ms. Cassidy

Ms. Cassidy is a first grade teacher from Moose Jaw, Canada. I watched her YouTube video, "Little Kids..Big Potential." She taught her children how to use blogs, video, Skype, the Nintendo DS, wikis, and a webpage to communicate and learn in her classroom. My main thought is, WOW. When I was in the first grade, the only interaction I had with any type of technology was with my mom's old Dell computer. And all I did was play PAC-man. These 6 and 7 year olds are are learning, communicating, collaborating, and becoming these technologically literate people. I would love to incorporate blogs into my classroom. This is the way these children are learning to read and write. I find it truly amazing. What a way to learn!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Rachel
    I agree with you one hundred percent! I never even touched a computer until I was in the second grade and Ms. Cassidy has her first graders posing blogs, it really is unbelievable. I am going to incorporate blogs into my classroom as well. If I've learned anything from EDM310 it is that if we ignore technology then we will be left behind and surpassed by everyone who is teaching technology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you watch the Skype interview? It does not appear that you did not.

    Previous post removed because I left out the not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I had a flash from the past...PAC MAN was the bomb! Even as a teenager I love it. Or at least I thought so then. :) Now it seems like ever 3 year old can master that game better than I ever did. What is even more amazing to me is that my children will think that having a live face to face conversation with people in other countries is old news. I am excited to see what else is on the horizon.

    ReplyDelete