Thursday, February 28, 2013

Blog Post #7

Randy Paush's Last Lecture


The first thing that struck me when I finished Randy Paush's Last Lecture was all the different learning techniques he offered and put out there.Critics are the ones who tell you that you have messed up but they are also the ones that still care.I will use these lessons in my classroom. Really use his words and inspire children everywhere. I like what he said when he said, "Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." Everyone goes through life and makes mistakes and errors, and by those mistakes is where you find experience.

One of the things that Randy taught me was just because you didn't reach your childhood dreams, or any dreams for that matter, doesn't mean that you have failed. Maybe by not achieving those dreams you got something better in return that you never even planned on. It's important to help enable other people's dreams. How good must it feel, to know as an educator, you have helped someone take a step closer to their dreams? I want to know that feeling, and I will one day.

Key points that I loved were the more simple ones. Like make sure to have fun! And to always be loyal. To make sure to never lose the child like wonder. He made sure to mention to help others and to care abut other people. Focus on others...if you watched the whole video, you know when he said that is when he brought the cake out on stage for his wife's birthday. I was crying like a baby.

Its not about acheiving your dreams. Its about how to lead your life. That was the key to the lecture. I cried more than once throughout his lecture. What kind of man could be so strong? I will never forget this man's lessons. They will help me to get through the remainder of my school years, and then I will use them to help other students get through theirs.

" Brick walls are not there to keep us out. They are there for a reason: they let us prove how badly we want things. Brick walls are there for the other people. The people who give up on trying to tear down that brick wall because they don't want it bad enough."-Randy Pausch

No comments:

Post a Comment